Re: Input/Feedback LED's level question Last time I try to get helpwith this. Please help!

weeksville@comcast.net wrote:

>  > right,
>  > so now try monitoring just the dry signal and check whether you get
> distortion
>  > when the input LED is still green.
>  >
>  > andy
>  >
> Thanks for all your help Andy
> The input LED seems to work appropriately. No signal distortion until
> input led orange/red as it should be. But needless to say when the
> input led is orange/red the feedback led is a hot glowing RED.  I
> remember before the software change I could run the input level a little
> hot and the loop level would be a little less.  This again was
> reflected  when I was recording by the input LED being occasionally
> yellow/orange but the feedback LED would remain green.  I do believe
> the feedback LED level is the level of the loop recording even with the
> first loop recording although I am being told to ignore that.Who knows.

well ok, in this case it's useful, but in a fully functional unit it
doesn't tell you anything

> Sonically everything seems to be the same.  I just have to adjust the
> input level down so low that I am concerned I am losing some fidelity by
> not maximizing my input headroom.

ok next test
set a good level on the dry signal.
As loud as possible without any distortion.

Now tap Record twice, with about 1s between taps.
Then turn down feedback to zero.
Turn Mix to completely Wet.
tap Overdub.

Now play something into the unit, and if you like keep an eye on the input
LED to make sure you aren't distorting the input.
Now, you'll be hearing your playing with a 1Second delay,
so have a listen whether it's distorting.
I guess it would be, and then it seems like a hardware fault.

I don't think think this could be caused by the software upgrade itself,
maybe something shorted out or came loose during the swap.

Here's what happens with my edp on the same test

While playing I/P LED gets to orange,
and FB LED also shows orange.
When I stop playing I hear the single repeat, and the feedback LED is
green.

So I'm thinking you have a hardware problem.

Before you send it away you might like to
1) check that all the chips in the unit are firmly in place, reseat them
if you feel confident to do that.
2) I'd check for some odd high frequency signal getting into the edp. You
could try taking it to a different room and just plugging the guitar
direct into it to see if the LEDS behave better.

andy