Re: Horns shredd pollock roadmap

Per said, They simply do it because it sounds better that way

It's what separates great players from the really good ones - a sense of melody and knowing where the bluebird should go next - or, as you say Per, what will SOUND good. I'm not sure if this is something that can be taught. It's even hard to describe or talk about it! But singing is a good place to go fishing for it.

Charlie Parker wasn't real huge on pauses. But, for my taste, I do like music more that knows the value of silence.

Of course Miles was (and, in my book still is) the reigning master of melody, silence and simplicity. He's a good place to go to learn about phrasing and the power of silence.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846