OT: The Search for the Perfect Home Recording Amplifier Saga

Hi, all:

Arrgggg....my latest amp choice (Vox AD60VTX) didn't pan out as well as I liked hence I sold it am again in the market for a home recording amp. I had difficulty getting a consistant decent tone out of the Vox (I'm partial to Black-faced sounding Fenders, a little (or lot of when needed) grit but a clean sound too).

Another sidebar, I bought a used Line6 Pro Pod that I'd like to use and running that into a modelling amp didn't seem like a good choice as it was a little problematic to get an undiluted tone with the Vox - although it did have a manual mode.

I was thinking about getting some small tube amp and then using the Pro Pod and other outboard effects. I've really been disappointed with the onboard effects of most of the amps I had recently. Something in the line of a fender Pro Junior looks suitable BUT it appeared like it didn't have a line out for recording and looping purposes. The fender Princton recording Amp looks attractive and I may have to pop for the $1K but I'd like to keep the price lower if at all possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced amp?

Regards, Paul

Get your own web address.