Von: Per Boysen [mailto:perboysen@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Mai 2007 09:58
An: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: looking for looper that syncs to real drums

On 25 maj 2007, at 09.24, Jens Wolters wrote:

> Studio drummers play like that. If well done it doesn't sound
> boring at all.

Yes, isn't that the point using studio drummers? ;-)  Fact is the
drummer I played with on that Germany tour is "a studio drummer".
That's why he was able to do it that way on stage and why we other
musicians trusted him rather than bothering with hearing the
backtracks while also acting out up front.

But this discussion is totally dependent on musical style, not to
forget. I just mentioned this drummer because of that neat "huge-ear-
protection-gear"-covering-small-audio-headphones trick. Fact is we
played a style that draws on everyone in the band to play tight ON
the beat. With the live looping music I do today it's the opposite
concept; it starts to groove when as few elements as possible is
placed directly ON the beat - one should rather play "around" the
beat as "an instant commentator" (check on Fela for top inspiration
on this concept in non-looping music).

Per