USB Microphones

Gang,
has anybody tried these USB mics? how do they differ
in terms of quality from normal XLRs?
ive been checking these out
http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_sc450_usb.htm
thanx for your input
Luis

--- Doug Cox <uncledig@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is similar to what Per is saying, but
> I'd encourage you to
> learn how to "restart" your loops on the RC-50 and
> try that with your
> drummer.  So, if a loop starts to drift from where
> the drummer's beat is -
> *you* force a restart of the loop exactly on the
> "1".  If he's reasonably
> tight (sounds like he is), then he won't have
> drifted too far from the tempo
> caught in your loop, and everything will be good
> again for a while.
>
> This is the way I finally learned to integrate
> looping into a live band
> situation.  Works beautifully once everyone knows
> that those are the rules
> of the game.  Drummer doesn't have to strain to
> hear/adjust to your loops -
> his job is just to stay steady in the groove.
>
> Also, restarting on something other than the "1"
> (for instance, on the 3.5!)
> can produce some nice syncopation.
>
> Doug

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

 for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/