Re: DAVID TORN'S NEW CD "PREZENS"

----- Original Message ----- From: "tEd ® kiLLiAn"
> It's pretty darn terrific . . . grab it if you can.
> And, David, wherever you are, great work!

Finally I got around listening in on this album and I can only chime
in. What an inspiring recording! It's so fresh on the ears when there
are not the usual melodic themes, as in a lot of jazz or fusion
music, but simply an explorative conversation between sounds,
instruments and player's attitudes. I like the way Torn has edited
and mixed the originally rather improvised material: emphasizing the
dramatic dynamics. When listening to the record it feels as the post
production is "just one of the improvising band members".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)