Query regarding Boss RC20XL

Can anyone give advice on looping vocals thru a Boss RC20XL?  I use my
loop
station to loop electro-acoustic guitar, percussion (djembe,shaker,etc)
and
vocals.  When at home playing thru my pedal and amp it all sounds lovely -
the vocals are crisp, but when playing out thru a PA - the vocals thru the
pedal are so muffled it's almost not worth doing!

How can i fix this?

Do I need an external mixer to plug into the pedal - so I can alter the
tone
of the vocals before they get to the PA?  Or someone told me something
about
the PA sending the loop signal backwards...

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it - am really stuck!

Thanks
Rachel
(www.myspace.com/rachelbythestream)

https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/