Help with Augustus Loop?

I am experimenting with both Ableton Live and Augustus Loop on my
Macbook and I am feeling, well, a bit mystified.

I have Ableton set up with the plug-in, and I have armed Track 1, and
opened up Augustus Loop, and.... now what?

Here's what I want to do - I just want to start recording a loop,
keep it running, record something over that, etc. etc.... How  can I
get Ableton and Augustus loop to work together?

And I have no idea what I am doing.

Any tips would be awesome.  I have a lot of experience with recording
audio on computers, but I am pretty stuck on this!

Thanks!