Re: Drum Machine w/ Bass?

> However, if you have the ability and money to go software, I say do
> it.  The sound quality that can be had is amazing and your
> interface is a billion times better than any dedicated drum machine
> or groovebox I've ever used.  The possibilities are vast though...
> if you've not used computers before you might want to pick up a
> copy of Computer Music.  It comes with a nice free DVD full of
> freeware, demos and tutorials.  You can basically get started with
> the price of an issue... a computer and an audio interface.  I
> always recommend finding a copy of the now discontinued Native
> Instruments Electronic Instruments 2.  Comes a set of plug ins that
> more or less cover the major bases, you'd just need a host (Like
> Live, Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer...)

Ok, here's the thing...

I already have a lot of that stuff. The problem is I'm just an idiot
and haven't taken the time to figure out how to use most of it. God
knows I'd appreciate any tips to get up and running to do the most
basic tasks I'm interested in at the moment. Mostly I just haven't
had the time the past year or so, and I feel overwhelmed by what I
imagine the learning curve will be.

Anyway, I currently have:

DP 4.5 (?)
Ableton Live 5
Reason (I forget which version, but it's pretty recent)
NI FM7 (which I have used a little bit)
NI Absynth (yet to use it at all)
BIAB
Mac G4 Powerbook 10.4.9, 1.5GB SDRAM
Motif 6 Keyboard (which I can use as a MIDI Controller for the NI stuff)
MOTU 828 MKII

In one of my guitar rigs I have an old, beige faced EDP also.

Anyone know any good books/tutorials? Perhaps a dvd on how to stop
procrastinating?? ("I've been meaning to watch it, but I keep putting
it off...")

Thanks,

Jeff