Musings from Memorial Day

Hey folks...

I wanted to post some recent work for group interest and sharing what I do as several of you have of late.  Over the last couple of years I've been emerging and widening from a solo fingerstyle guitar world that I've been in for several years.  The experiences of this community as well as work that I've done for the last several months with Daryl Shawn in our Chinapainting duo has been pushing me particularly towards more improvised and less composed.  Additionally for a Christmas present to myself I acquired a fretless guitar which I've been digging a great deal particularly in my slide and improv.  It's an eBay generic Ovation-ripoff but plays pretty well.  Here are links to two solo (multi-layered in the first one with the piano) pieces I did over this last weekend.  Providing technical along with them for those interested.  Thanks for listening.

http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com/audio/Jim_Goodin_Thousand_Years_Till_Yesterday.mp3
fretless guitar, Yamaha piano (synthetic), Digitech Ditigital Delay (reverse voice and 4-sec sampler used), Arion Stereo Digital Delay, metal slide

http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com/audio/Jim_Goodin_Voices_in_the_Canyon.mp3
fretless guitar, Digitech Ditigital Delay (reverse voice used), Arion Stereo Digital Delay, metal slide

Jim

PS... BTW re Chinapainting for those in the northeast, we're going to be live in the same timezone for 3 or 4 shows in the NY area during late July/Aug, more specifics later

greetings from Brooklyn...
--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com
MySpace (solo) - http://www.myspace.com/jimgoodinmusic