Re: POST YOUR SETUP

I thought my set up was complex until I saw some of these other postings, phew!

I've got no fancy schematic pics but;

Elec Guitar >>Korg Toneworks AX3000G>>stereo into Behringer Xenyx 1622 mixer
These 2 channel inserts are 'sniffed' to provide stereo feed into Lexicon Vortex, the OP of which goes into another stereo input of mixer.

From Mixer, mono aux send 1 to Behringer DSP2024, returns into stereo mixer channel
From Mixer, mono aux send 2 to Boss RC20XL, returns into mono mixer channel
From Mixer, sub-group outputs provide stereo feed to Redsound Soundbite Loop Sampler, return to stereo mixer channel
From Soundbite, through stereo feed to Yamaha SU10 sampler, return to stereo mixer channel

This set up gives me the flexibility to send signals from anything into pretty much anything else.  I have put little red 'warning' stickers on certain controls to dissuade me to feed the 2024 and RC20 back into themselves.  There is also a yellow 'caution' sticker on the sub-group button of the Soundbite channel, although I will occasionally want to feed this back into itself.

Don't forget the old cliche though, it's not the size of the rig that's important, it's what you do with it that counts.

While I'm here, 2 questions to the group.

1.    There seem to be very few users of the EHX 2880.  Why is this ? it seems reasonably well featured for the price, and there are lots of 16-second delay devotees around, so is the 2880 really that bad ?  It seems impossible to get hold of one to demo in the UK, please someone let me know their views on this.

2.    Has anyone carried out a modification on the Redsound Soundbite (prev known as Cycloops) to feed out the sample buttons to  6 footswitches on the floor ? It should be reasonably easy to do this, but before I invalidate the warranty, I wondered if anyone has any tips.  I've tried putting the thing on the floor to use, but my toes aren't dainty enough to hit the buttons properly.

Stephen
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time