still on the interface quest...laptops w/o Firewire

> comes with Cubebase LE). I was ready to buy one the other
> day, but my ThinkPad T60p doesn't have firewire...so I would

As a post scriptum to that topic, and to help you refrain from going Mac:
There's this one:
http://www.marian.de/products/ucon_cx

USB 2.0, halfrack, four (!) micpres, TOSLINK I/O, two MIDI pairs. I don't
know about Marian's skills regarding analogue/mixed signal (pres,
converters), but I have two ADAT interface boards by them which work like a
charm.

        Rainer