guitar effect with lots of MIDI control (was: guitar floorboard with lots of MIDI control)

Thanks, Sine, for bringing up the idea of a rack effect. As a matter of
fact, I can very well live with a rack effect (though it should be small,
1HU or better halfrack). About the Axe FX, it seems that similar to e.g.
the Boss GT-8, it only offers MIDI CC control of eight parameters,
though...

The same problem is true for the Boss VF-1 you mentioned, which to my
understanding only allows control of four parameters.

But to everyone: see this as a modified requirement - it needn't be a
floor unit. Also, I would be happy if I had to spend less than, say,
€500.

        Rainer