RE: Resetting the Behringer FCB

I had a similar problem with the CC pedal never quite going down to a
value of Zero.  Reset /recalibration did not help.  Messing with the
range didn't help.

I finally decided to take it apart and that the FCB1010 is cheap enough
so that if I destroy it I'll just replace it.

Anyway after making sure the gradient optical thingie was clean,
successfully bent the bracket holding the LED (or was it the sensor?) to
nudge the entire value range downward. Fixed!

I also had an FCB button that recently went dead for no reason.  I again
took it apart, poked around with a screwdriver and screwed it back
together.  Voila! Success again.

I figure I get one more 'freebie' and then I'll be getting another.  But
'til then I'm cool.

In case anyone's interested, the Ripwerx Java-based editor for the
FCB1010 is the way to go - you can see every bank and all the settings
at once.  Great graphical representation..  The editor allows you to
name and save sysex dumps and to load them quickly, so it's a backup
utility as well.  It includes a reference and a midi monitor so you can
see exactly what each pedal is sending.  And it's free... I think it's
available at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY