[OT] mic recommendations

Personal two cents about your own ideas and other suggestions:

Both for female vocals and cello you might want something people tend to
call "warmth" - this is why I wouldn't fully support the NT1 suggestion I
read here (the original NT1 is a little better to this regard than the
NT1A).

I personally don't have the ATM4040 but the 4050 instead, and I can second
Bill's opinion - an excellent all-purpose large-diaphragm condenser.

        Rainer