Re: New User: MIDI software looper in Receptor???

At 2:25 PM -0600 6/15/07, Jeremy Slead wrote:

>I purchased a Muse Receptor (vst player, basically) about a year
>ago, and use it exclusively.  It seems to me that there is probably
>a way to loop a MIDI passage, rather than an audio signal.  For
>instance, I can record and play back loops with my Roland drum
>module, but it is not set up for real-time looping.  Is there such a
>device?  Is there a VST plug-in that can do this? AND, is there one
>for the Receptor?

Jeremy,

There are a couple of us on here who have experimented with different
such setups.  I've mostly been hamstrung by the fact that I'm on Mac,
but I've come across one or two things that you might try (the
Receptor is roughly PC-compatible, IIRC.  right?)

Try MidiFripp, a freebie from Nay-Seven (
http://nay-seven.com/MidiFrippen.htm ).

There's also possibly MidiZoid Delay and MidiZoid Looper (
http://perso.orange.fr/numerikart/products.htm ).

Finally, if you can get Plogue Bidule to run inside the Receptor, you
can pretty much roll your own as well.  That's what I've had to do so
far.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.  :)

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of