field recording

Couple of more cheap mic tricks-you can make parabolic reflectors from all
sorts of bowls . I got another trick from this strange investigator/agent
type character( for Dave Trenkel-he was hanging in Henry's house in Eugene
in'88 before H went in the military ,a spooky scene,) I never found out
who
he was working for -the household included both anarchist punkers and
rascist skinheads a couple of the latter ended up in prison. The guy had
made about 12 - 20 paper cones varying lengths up to  1' long and 1-2" dia
large end.  These were attached to a disk or bowl with the mic in the
center. Sitting indoors he could scan with this rig and pick up,and
isolate
individual conversations up and down the block.It was quite amazing .