RC50 Question about Expression and Controller Sharing

I have a question for fellow RC50 users out there regarding the "EXP/Ctrl
3,4 Pedal Jack".

Will it work if I were to connect an expression pedal and assign it as I
currently do that is to control the volume of each of the 3 phrases and
also
share the same "Exp/Ctrl 3,4 jack" with a y cord for 2 temporary switches
activate Control 3 and Control 4 Functions?

I currently use the Cntl1 for switching the Overdub Mode and Cntl2 for
"Current Clear"

Anbody please?

Randolf Arriola (aka the embryo)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/theembryo.htm