Chinapainting LIVE in NY/New England this summer

Dear loopers... Many of you know about Chinapainting a NinJam project between Daryl Shawn and myself.  We're taking it 'live' to the physical stage this summer and doing some gigs here in the NY area.  FYI for those here in the northeast.  This is a fwd of my list email, includes itinerary, info and some info on some of my solo work.

Jim

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Goodin < jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 22, 2007 8:45 AM
Subject: Jim Goodin Music - Chinapainting LIVE this summer
To: jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com

The Official CHINAPAINTING northeast tour...

If you've visited our My Space or Chinapaintingmusic.com pages you know that Daryl Shawn and I created and continue to develop an experimental acoustic guitar duo that we call Chinapainting from two locales 4000 miles apart. We've collaborated on this muse totally through the Internet using the technology NinJam

We have been making plans for Chinapainting to come to the 'live' physical stage and are excited to announce several upcoming northeast dates this summer.

NY and New England dates are as follows....

Center for Improvised Music
Friday July 27th 8:30pm
Brooklyn (Park Slope), NY
admission $8.

Vassar College FM radio WVKR - Secret Garden
Hosted by Scot Raymond
Poughkeepsie, NY
Sunday morning, July 29th , @10am,
live Chinapainting interview/performance

The Space
Tuesday, August 7th, 9pm
Hamden, CT

Zebulon Cafe
Wednesday, August 15th @10pm
Brooklyn (Williamsburg), NY
Very special Chinapainting show
As Jim and Daryl improvise the music of Chinapainting
 Brooklyn pop artist Paul Bianca  will join improvising his
 Jack Kirby/Andy Warhol influenced muse  on canvas.
Sitarist Roger Lipson will open the evening with a great setting of Indian raga.

In and around this northeastern mini-tour, Daryl and I will be recording our next Chinapainting CD at FlyMax Studios in Woodstock, NY.

Don't forget you can hear samples and purchase Chinapainting's most recent CD on-line at  Trick Of Amethyst .  Read a recent  review of this work by freelance writer Jerome D'Angelo.

A few things to mention re my solo and label work.  My solo website is now JimGoodinMusic.com and not JimGoodin.com so note that.  Also I have a new "fretless" guitar CD, Found,  It's available for purchase at Jim Goodin: Found and samples can be heard both at that same link as well as on JimGoodin on My Space.

My long awaited guitar book on DADGAD tuning from legendary music publisher Mel Bay Publications, Inc. , is in the final stretch of pre-press revisions/corrections and will hopefully be out in the very near future.  Look for news on this book and CD titled DADGAD Encyclopedia as a release time gets closer.   I wrote this book for intermediate to advanced guitarists interested in open-tunings which are common in much the music I do.

Wood and Wire Music I founded several years ago as my publishing and record label.  Three years ago I invited a few other artists that I was meeting to allow me to promote them along with my own work.  We produced a sampler CD of 14 instrumental trax ranging from folk to world to latin pop music.  This CD is available for purchase on-line via this link,  Wood and Wire Sampler 2.

That's it for now.  For those of you in the NY area Daryl and I hope you'll come out to one of the Chinapainting performances.  Chinapainting is an original innovative "pushing the edge" collaboration that I'm proud to be part of.  I think you'll find it quite exciting to hear and see and I hope to see you at one of our upcoming shows.

From our on-line comments....

"Right from the start of "Trick of Amethyst", you realize Chinapainting is about as far from convention as you can get."

"...bloody great!"

Best

Jim
--