Re: Walk-through tutorial for Bidule as VST host in Windows (was:Re: bidule)

At 7:56 PM +0200 6/23/07, Per Boysen wrote:

>I'm using Ableton Live 6 on a regular basis, although not any more
>for live looping.

Ah, I last remembered you saying that you had a copy of version 6,
but you'd been out on the road too much to do anything significant
with it yet.  Sorry if I misconstrued that.

>Speaking single processor laptops (I use Live 6 on both G4 Mac and
>Centrino PC lappies) I'd say my Bidule setup is a lot more CPU
>friendly.

Argh, frack!  I just wrote up this huge post addressing logically why
I probably do need to move everything over to Bidule.  However,
before hitting send, I thought it wise to do a quick rough in Bidule
of my setup and check for myself.  It's looking like, for what I
need, I'm actually seeing about a 50% *greater* CPU hit in Bidule
over Live.  And that's without even putting in all the elements I
normally use.  <*grumble, grumble, grumble*>

Thanks for the assistance, though, Per.  I'll try some more tests,
but this isn't looking so good.  I keep trying to move off Ableton to
something simpler (not to mention more extensible), but I just keep
getting sucked back in again.  Sigh...  :P

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of