Re: live looping with ableton live

On Jul 3, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Os wrote:

> I imagine it would be quite hard to
> use Live if you're just a solo guitarist (say), but I know it's been
> done.

I don't use Live's looping functions (mobius does what I need) but
honestly, if you don't think it can be played as an instrument, check
out the Kid Beyond videos on the Ableton site.  I've seen him perform
many times and if you didn't know what he was doing it would seem
like all the looping was done on the floor.

> Normally I use a combination of Live and Augustus Loop - Live for
> straight repetitions of phrases, Augustus for more 'evolving' stuff.
>
> To each his own. If you're looking for an Echoplex substitute though,
> Live ain't it.

Yes, but the combo of all those things... makes it so much more.

Mark