Re: Fripp & Eno 1973 / BBC / Peel /RIAA

On Jul 9, 2007, at 8:48 AM, phaslem@wightman.ca wrote:

> The RIAA has successfully put them out of business. Seems they were
> selling music too cheap and the record companies weren't getting
> their slice.

Where did you hear this? To my knowledge, there were no sales. I
thought it was only free downloads, as far as I knew,
and I had visited that site several times. Did I miss something?

And, if that is true, then it must have happened *right after* I sent
out the URL to the list.
If this is the case, then hmmm....Synchronism can sometimes also work
in weird, and not always pleasant ways...:-)

The RIAA.   What a bunch of thugs and vicious brown shirts.

Years ago, I knew of a restaurant in Dallas TX that had a guy who
played PIANO in there for the soft and smooth entertainment of the
diners,
and he played well known songs from sheet music.  Well, one day, the
RIAA showed up and FINED the restaurant since the place was not
PAYING the royalties to have that guy play those tunes on the
piano!!  This resulted in the place NO MORE having a piano player
and the guy LOST his JOB, which very likely was NOT some high wage
job to begin with, and was supplemented by any tips he managed to get.
So, that poor guy was quickly and suddenly unemployed.   Welcome to
Corporate World.

"Just doin' our job, ma'am". (RIAA, with a Dragnet's  Sgt Joe Friday
voice)

-Rev. Fever