OT: Vocal Harmonizer recommendations?

Dear Rick,

Then later on, you said:
>Thanks for the recommendation Bart, but I'm actually LOOKING for
>synthetic,
>not natural .

So I'm a bit confused what you're looking for. For something which has a
very unique, synthetic sound and offers intelligent pitch shift (although
I believe only two-voice), you might try to find a Sony GR-MP5 or the
keyboard version...an early-nineties halfrack device which is somewhat
noisy but offers really crazy multi-effects setups and a very quick
intelligent pitch shifter which sounds wonderfully cheesy on vocals.

Cheap pitch shifting (although no scales, just fixed intervals): Behringer
Virtualizer DSP2048Pro

Something really synthetic: Resurrect your Zoom1201. Put it into vocoder
mode. Send your vocal signal in the analyze input and your vocal signal
through the whammy in the carrier input. Perhaps even put a delay in
between the whammy and the 1201 for some multi-voice harmonies.

             Rainer