Re: OT: Vocal Harmonizer recommendations?

what was the name of that roland harmonizer guys like simon stockhausen used, end of the 80ies/beginning of the 90ies?
tilmann
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Vocal Harmonizer recommendations?

That's "Hide and Seek." I'm pretty sure she's using a vocoder for that track. Either that, or a harmonizer that responds to MIDI from a keyboard to determine the pitches. There's a couple YouTube vids showing her performing it live. Given how the timbre changes, though (at times sounding like a low-pass filter is opening up gradually), I'm inclined to believe it's a vocoder.

Cheers,

Jon