Re: bows for guitars

> On 5 Jul 2007 at 9:42, John McIntyre wrote:
>
> > I'm a bit behind on checking my e-mail, but has
> Eddie Phillips of the
> > Creation been mentioned as a bowing guitarist.
> Some sources say he
> > was Jimmy Page's inspiration.

Although that seems the most likely scenario
(particularly since both guitarists were working a lot
with the same producer, Shel Talmy, at the time) Page
himself says using a violin bow on a guitar was
suggested to him by violinist David McCallum Sr. (the
father of actor David McCallum) while the two were on
a session together in the mid-60's.

My Piranha bow hasn't arrived yet...

-t-

http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes
http://cdbaby.com/all/timnelson

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated
for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.