Re: RC-50 Sync Issues...

Quoting chris@nubzilla.com:

> The idea is to demonstrate the need for a fix; to show how important midi
> sync and slaving really is.  (for me is it THE reason I chose the RC-50)

Me too.  I very badly want to sync the RC-50 from my computer.  My
choice to purchase the RC-50 was based on Roland's own advertisement:

"In Sync

The RC-50 speaks sync. For bands that incorporate digital audio
tracks, sequences, drum machines, and/or video elements into their
live gigs, sync is not a luxury ? it?s a necessity. For scenarios such
as these, the RC-50 can be locked to an external MIDI clock source,
ensuring that its loop performances are absolutely locked to the rest
of the show. Internally, the RC-50 offers Loop Quantize for easy loop
recording, plus Loop Sync (which enables all phrases to start in
sync), and Tempo Sync (which matches the tempo of multiple phrases
during playback)."

> If, on the off chance Bob doesn't come through, I will contact
>Roland/Boss
> Japan directly myself.  It might cost me in long distance, but  someone
> has to hold them accountable to deliver what they promised.

Yes, indeed. Roland clearly promoted this as a device that would work
as a sync slave -- going as far to say that to sync is "not a luxury
-- it's a necessity".

The only big complaint about the RC-50 is it's inability to sync.  It
has a couple of smaller issues but syncing is the show-stopper issues
for me.  Roland can fix this and, when they do, the RC-50 will live up
to its promise.  The only reason I have kept my RC-50 is that I'm
hoping an update that fixes the sync issue will come out soon.

> Sorry to blather on so long about this.  I just hope that together we can
> motivate them to fix this.
>
> Thanks for your camaraderie.

Thank you for running with this.  Perhaps there is hope that the RC-50
will live up to all its promises.

Please feel free to pass my comments along to the powers-that-be at Roland.

-- Kevin