Re: LOVING NON NATIVE MUSICAL TRADITIONS: was 'gypsy caravan film'

On 24 jul 2007, at 22.28, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

> per.....do you see yourself in this way?.....strong likes and
> dislikes.....michae

Well, wouldn't it be a rather biased method to learn about the world
by studying yourself? ;-))

I think though that my own experiences so far go well with my theory
that you are born with a certain "blue-print for reacting to the
world and acting in the world" and that this blue-print also directs
what kind of music you tend to like. The subjective individual
quality of listening to music is very similar to "acting in the
world", but with the difference that it happens on an inner stage. I
think about this like the social anthropologist theory of how we
"think" in relation to "the internalized other" (hope I got the
terminology right there). Even when you are alone you look upon
yourself in relation to "the others". That's how we have to
experience music as well, since it is communicative.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)