Re: Exposed to the music of the 60s while incubating inside mothers / Arthur Brown

On Jul 25, 2007, at 9:00 AM, Goddard, Duncan wrote:

"think only of yourself!"

I've seen hawkwind recently, with arthur brown joining them on vocals. you're never too old.

OK,  I need to chime in here for a brief moment on the subject of Arthur Brown.

Arthur Brown is GREAT!

I have had the good fortune of meeting him twice when he lived for many years in Austin,TX,
(on Fripp's suggestion that Arthur move there way back then),and was very fortunate to have
seen the *only* USA tour of 'The Crazy World of Arthur Brown' in Houston,TX when I was a kid.
It was an all-ages event, and something I will NEVER FORGET!

I have been steadily and consistently keeping up with his career and activities ever since then,
and have also seen him  2 more times playing some small clubs in Texas, back in the late 80's when I lived in that state.

He has put out a LOT of releases throughout his LONG career, that many people are unaware of, and I have 'em ALL!
He has also collaborated with others such as Klaus Schulze, Jimmy Carl Black (ex-Mothers of Invention), Alan Parsons and others.
He is also STILL active today and performs fairly frequently, but mostly in the UK.

A very RARE human being!

OK. I will cease with my deification, now. :-)

-Rev. Fever