Arthur Brown

Hi there
Having been born in 1955 with parents who showed no interest in music
I found the effects of LSD and smoking probably had more effect than
anything else.
I saw Arthur Brown live in the 70's at Brunel University in West
London. Where at one part in the set he puts  a set of traffic lights
on his head. The music getting to a grand cacophony and the lights
changing from green to amber to RED. Anyone who took LSD probably
understands the significance of traffic lights.

Used to go to see Hawkwind playing on Saturday afternoon in West London.
I used to take LSD whenever I was bored and I was bored a lot.

Mostly play guitar with wah wah - distortion - and lots of delay
.Also use a GR-20 to trigger samples. Used to use a Shadow but find
the GR-20 more reliable.

Recently purchased a Digitech Jamman (new version). Influenced by
Steve Hillage. Steve Hackett, Gong, Hawkwind,Peter Gabriel  and many more.
How hawkwind managed to play live under the influence always amazed
me. I find to make and play music I have to be completely straight
but just use the experiences of life as reference.
Personally I prefer to use dedicated hardware as I find you only tend
to use it specifically for the job in hand. I am an electronic
engineer and software programmer so I have no prejudices about
computers but I cannot afford to have one solely dedicated to just music.

Anyway enough of my ramblings.

Regards
Roger Parker