minimizing gear with-laptop or floor harware?

Hi gang,
i had a gig yesterday just my self doing acoustic
songs with guitar looping and singing,by the way i
used the new digitech vocalist for the first time
yesterday to do harmonies and i love this little
baby!a breeze to use,i got it a day before the gig,i
tried it by playing some good ol
CSN,,beatles,Zeppelin,Neil Young,Richard
Ashcroft,Elliot Smith etc.all with 2 of its presets
and it sound so cool finally i got a partner that can
sing without having to rehearse much!;-)
but settin up the P.A.,my rack,doing the mixing myself
etc.took me about an hour and after driving home i
said to myself thats it, i gotta minimize this shit
for this type of gigs,i am gettin to old for it.
so to replace my rack is either:
getting a laptop to replace my,edps,and mpc1000
sampler with mobius and (x?) software to replace the
MPC1000(please recomend me something similar),though i
would still have to have a mixer and soundcard.
or going all floor harware,no racks or mixer by using
floor efx and something like the boss RC-50 it has a
looper,simple drum loops, guitar and mic in,and stereo
outs straight into the 2 speakers.Now since i havent
use any of these 2 variables which in your opinion
would be more reliable,advantages,drawbacks?
thanx!
Luis

http://www.roland.co.uk/guitar_room_catdet.asp?id=FC300

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom