RE: Residents

"skinny was born in a bath-tub
& he grew so incredibly thin
that even the end of an eye-dropper
sucked.. him.. in...."

ah yes.
I saw them in 1989 at sadler's wells theatre. sitting in front of me was
the slightly balding legend pete shelley, founder of the buzzcocks.

the show was "the king & eye", & it was quite a shock (to my system,
anyway) to hear that familiar voice at such close quarters & still not
be able to discern any features. there's an excellent book about the
whole residents/ralph records story, the name of which escapes me now, &
which my copy is out on loan somewhere.

I'd have to say that my favourite period was the 70s era, up to "the
commercial album", I'd say.
santa dog '78, constantinople, 6 things to a cycle & so on. almost back
on topic there.....

d.