From: Per Boysen [mailto:perboysen@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 7:51 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: general question about equipment

>Just a short comment:
If the intention is to run Ableton Live a dual core machine will give you
almost the double processing power. That is if using Live in version 6.0 or
higher, because this is where the code was optimized for double processor
or
dual core processor machines. I know this because I have many different
computers here and have also done comparing tests in contact with other
Ableton users.

Myself I'm a heavy user of Mobius VST looper with lots of other VST effect
plug-ins hosted by Bidule, and I doubt a dual core machine would give me
much more performance use than the 2 GHz Centrino I have been running for a
couple of years, simply because these combination of software is not
optimized for dual CPU or dual core technology (but as said, with Logic or
Live the difference is huge).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)