AW: general question about equipment

Software needs to be optimized to work on more than one core (or CPU). Most
software is not, Ableton Live version 6.0 is.
If you run e.g. Live 5.0 on a dual core machine, then it (and all of its
plugins) will only make use of one core.
This may still give you a performance improvement over a single core of the
same type, because your driver stack might be running on the other core.

        Rainer