Re: New "Virtual Repeater" Software Announced...

Jeff wrote
 (in his excellent summation of the inherent problems of using the VPR with
other loopers hosted inside of it)

'To combine time stretch with real-time loop manipulation
like overdub, SUSInsert, Retrigger, etc.  both functions
 have to be done in the same looper"

And this has fascinated me that no one has taken this task on.

It must be a hell of a scary amount of programming to scare off the likes
of
Jeff Larsen,  Bob Amstadt,
Matthias Grob and all the other brilliant engineers who have designed our
beautiful and idiosyncratic instruments.

The Repeater won't go for all the incredible slicing, dicing, loop length
change, sus functionality of the EDP (Mobius)
and vice versa.    You can't do all the fantastic editing in Abelton's
Live
that is done in the EDP paradigm.

I really love my Looperlative but Bob has said he will never take on the
pitch/time stretching problem in it.

This is why I try to use all three of the main hardware loopers.

One thing I do is I make initial loops and then use each of the three
looping paradigms Repeater--time stretched and pitching loop paradigm and
EDP ---  slice and dice,  midi triggered sequential loop, sus, multiply,
insert paradigm)
to do what ever I want to do to mangle or manipulate the loop and finally,
send them all to the Looperlative---multi tracked synced and unsynced
paradigm,
for a more song oriented approach.

I have to say that if the Repeater software is good that it will
revolutionize my touring ability because I'll be
able to take my Looperlative,   and have a Repeater and Mobius inside a
laptop.

Lately,  I'd rather take more instruments on tour than more hardware boxes.
My wife and I dragging 2 month worth of heavy suitcases (with instruments)
and two heavy rack cases on boats, subways, taxies and trains
all over Europe got to be a drag...............although we were BUFF by
the
time we hit stateside.