Re: oberheim echoplex for sale

It was a really well done piece for it's day for sure.  I just acquired
another K5m for my van actually.  Many of my old songs run sounds off
that...and they're so different nothing else quite captures the aura...

A huge amount of the work in that project was writing look up tables
that would adequately convert real times to the rather arbitrary
'rates'.  I built a sampling card for my PC with a 10 bit adc back then
on an isa proto card :-).  Cheapskate I am, and used that to sample data
from which to model whatever they'd done.  The engineers were nowhere to
be found. :So sad nobody knows who worked on machines like that.  It'd
be cool to have that info for all the synths on my sounddoctorin.com page.

Anyway, those 'rate' values were not a smooth function...and...they were
interactive so I had to write multi-dimensional lookup tables actually.
But we got it so one can enter actual time values when they edit the
envelopes anyway :-)  Seemed important at the time.  Wrote some cool
sounds with it.  Sold very few copies.  Ads didn't pay for themselves so
I bagged it. -bob