Re: First FCB1010 malfunctioning in five years

Hi Per,

this is indeed a bug in Behringer firmware v.2.4 and later. Before that
version, you needed to go through a complete "selftest", including LED
and switch tests, before you could start pedal calibration. (the
selftest was initiated by keeping keys 1+3 pressed during startup) The
newer firmware added a shortcut to do only pedal calibration (keeping
1+5 keys pressed during startup) , but the code for that new function
has some bugs, causing the global settings to get cleared....
It's a bug which was mentioned some time ago on the UnO forum
(http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010_uno/message/1108) ,
because the bug reporter first thought it was related to the UnO firmware.
Apparently the work-around is to use the full selftest instead of the
newer calibration method (or make a backup of your global settings
before calibrating...)

Grtz,
Xavier