From: "Veda, Qua" <qua.veda@intel.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 7:21 PM
Subject: Stretching words

I have a project in mind where I'd like to stretch out the syllables of
pre-recorded  words - either in a sustained way,  or with a stutter.
For example, the word "sustained" might sound like
"ssss-usss-taaaained",  or "sust-t-t-t-a-a-a-ined"   etc.      I would
not want the pitch or sound quality  to be affected.

What tools can be used to achieve this?   I'm planning to end up in the
Max/MSP environment but I'm not there yet. Are there VST's that do this
kind of stretching or rendering of a recorded sample/file ?

-Qua