Re: First Loop Sync

On 22 aug 2007, at 13.24, jnd wrote:

> Hi Per
>
> First of all thanks again for sharing your knowledge....
>
> So i have got augustus and live running....augustus as sync master
> for live.  And with this the problem of synchronization is solved.
> But the Augustus Freeze Loop button gets me nuts. Because I have to
> hit it at the exact point where the loop begins. Is there anyway
> around this?

I used to hit the Freeze Loop button after I had played something
into the loop but before I would play something that I did not want
to go into the loop. Using the Freeze Loop button works best with
loop input knob set to full input.

Another approach is to target the input level. This gives:
Input Knob Level set to full   = Overdub Mode
Input Knob Level set to zero = Playback Mode

A third trick is the Puch In function (se my earlier post)

> As you advice i am studying SooperLooper. But I hanven't found out
> a way to have the output of each lop on sooperlooper in diferent
> live tracks. Could you help me out on this one?

Hm... Please forgive me if I'm mistaken (since I'm only looping in
Mobius at the moment) but I think you have two choices with
SooperLooper.

1) Run it as the standalone looper. This requires the Jack Utility on
Mac and Linux. You can open more loops and set them to sync to the
first loop. I'm not sure if each loop delivers a unique output to
Jack. You'd better check this with the sours (SL manual or SL mailing
list).

2) Open several instances of SooperLooper. Since you open these
parallel instances on exclusive Audio Tracks they already are on
separated outputs. Hence no need for an additional routing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)