Re: Laptop Looping

On 22 aug 2007, at 16.48, midifriedchicken@comcast.net wrote:
> This is when I hear clicks or stutters. I assume this is just
> normal processes that happen normally in the background. Nothing I
> can do about this, right?

This is not normal and should not be accepted. You have to research
these possible error sources:

1. Bad plug-ins. (AU's should pass Apple Plug-in Enabler test. VST's
do not have a norm, so you need to test by yourself or ask others if
they are known to be badly coded).
2. CPU load (obviously not the case here).
3. Bad audio interface (especially USB 1 based hardware are afflicted
with these problems).
4. Bad audio interface drivers (get the latest from the manufacturer)

Simply go through it all systematically. Eliminate one factor at a
time to see what happens.

On 22 aug 2007, at 17.33, midifriedchicken@comcast.net wrote:
>  looked for that option in Bidule. I couldn't find it. Is it in
> preferences?

In Bidule you go: "Plogue Bidule / Preferences / DSP". I have been
using the setting "Buffer size = 256" for years with no problems.