Re: RC-2 : First impressions / comparison RC-50

I think a lot of the appeal of a VST system is having a wide variety
of plugins, most of which won't be four-knob effects along the lines
of standard Boss pedals.

Imagine a Boss pedalboard where all the pedals have no knob markings
or names on them--not very usable.  There has to be some display to
communicate a lot of information back to the user, and I don't believe
there's anything in the VST spec which would make it easy to map all
the parameters (of wildly varying number) to a keyboard  shortcut or
whatever.

I think I remember one VST rack host that looked like an Eventide type
controller, with four or five softknobs and an LCD display, and I
thought you had to use plugins which had been designed to work with
that host so that the UI would work.  Displays are pricey.

TH