rc-50 v competitors

The RC-50 seems to have everything i want (mic hookup, multiple phases
to record into,that can all be turned on and off separately and usb hook
up for room to grow). but its well outside my price range so i am
getting an rc-2 as a starter. I was curious though, does the rc-50 have
the same issue of needing to pause to save tracks you just recorded that
the rc-2 and rc-20 have?

also I was looking for comparisons to similarly priced range
competitors. (400 dollars-ish on amazon) any links or personal
experiences guys?