Re: OT Film (No standards: crap.)

At 6:39 PM +0200 8/28/07, Tilmann Dehnhard wrote:

>help me. who wrote this excellent story about a man with ab watch he
>got from the devil that can make the past hour loop forever - and
>the guy forgets about it, because he always thinks: there will come
>a better hours, soon...?

I think it might have been Robert Silverberg (not 100% certain,
though).  The title was something like "The Hellbound Train".

Along similar lines is one of my favorite Harlan Ellison stories,
"The Cheese Stands Alone".  It involves a man encountering an, erm,
suspicious curio shop broker (aren't they all) who can show you a
vision of the best -- the absolute pinnacle -- moment of your life.

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of