OT: RME Firewire 800 and Guitar Amp Sim - Preamps

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy butler" <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>

> A third option would be to use a dedicated instrument DI input.
>
> A mixer line level input isn't designed to have a guitar plugged
>straight
> into it,
> even if there's enough gain the tone is affected by the impedance
> mismatch.
>
> andy butler

But what will be the real audible result to the output? Better frequency
range?
Less noise? Better dynamic range? More clarity? Essentially, enhancing the
tone that I don't
like to begin with. :)  Now if that little DI is adding a nice Fender
Tweed
or Boogie tube tone, with
some subtle breakup, a variable response to how hard I pick, etc. then now
we're talking....more like fantasizing.

Kris