Re: OT: Whats going on in Idaho?

BreachinThePeace@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/30/2007 4:45:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> sounddoctorin@imt.net writes:
>
>     In the political arena of today it's a game
>
> The ONLY thing that will ever cure the American political system is to
> destroy it.

Fully agree.

> Like a field that needs burning to insure a better future crop. The
> ideas are great when it comes to democracy and it would most certainly
> work minus 100% of the current greed driven saturation level special
> interests. I KNOW this is Looper's Delight as I am merely pointing how
> the Roman Empire is just about to come full circle.

Yeah I was talking to guys at the Ricochet gathering last night about
it.  Bill Fox mentioned that he's part of a band that tries to do more
thoughtful sons (Tull, Floyd, etc.) but people don't want to hear it.
They want to heard the same dumb crap that's been overplayed and never
really said anything in the first place.   I told him it was a facet of
our underchallenged culture.  People have been sold false security, told
they have the right to have a job and get paid even if they don't
produce anything OR the government owes them a meal ticket etc.
Meanwhile we're being sold out because a system like that can't support
itself.

  BUT..the result is people who want idle music.  They don't want to be
challenged.   They want to be comfortably numb as it were.  Better
political awareness makes for better music.  Seems on topic to me. :-) -Bob