Re: Who cares about the audience

My audience (two cats) hates my stuff anyway so I play what I want.

Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/16/07 9:15:45 PM, mattdavignon@gmail.com writes:

So the listeners are now very important to me when I perform.
<<caring about the
listeners can be a distilling process rather than a watering-down one.>>

i was very surprised by many of the seemingly "anti-audience" posts over the past few daze....."i don't care what the audience thinks" etc., these were some of the most "hostile" sounding posts i'd read in a long time.....did i somehow slip into another "clubhouse".....i had thought that loopers are kind considerate feeling folk but here we had screw the audience, i play for my own amazment.....this was almost as emotionally charged as getting the "reading lists" off of LD.....:).....granted, the GREAT UNWASHED is overwhelming but am i being a bit condesending making this statement.....who am i to judge?.....it seems that if i do not care what my listeners think than i should just stay in my little studio and treat myself to my own brilliance.....there are enuf things that make people uncomfortable, daily life gets under everyone's skin be it BUSH or the dimming of the sun.....if they (the audience) made an effort to set aside their time and get off of their asses to come hear me then i should at least try to be aware of their presence.....if my first 15 min. "noise fest" did not get a thunderous reception i might try something different for the next tune.....if my "folk loops" tm did not entertain them then its grab the ring modulator.....i could be totally wrong (as usual) but i'm just an "OLD HARDWARE LUVIN" guy.....:).....michael

www.ct-collective.com
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci/
http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar11

See what's new at http://www.aol.com