Re: Loop Survey - Summary

Do you really think a person that wants to use a software looper
starts by deciding which operating system he wants to host that
looping application? I find that hard to believe, since when you make
music with a looping application there's no difference if the OS is
Linux, OS X, Vista, Windows XP or whatever.

But if a person wants to use a computer for many tasks, playing
looping concerts being just one of them, then I can understand the
preference of a particular OS. Mac OSX seems to work fine that way
(in my experience).

As far as I see the best solutions seems to be to get one of those
new intel based Mac boxes, install Windows XP and dedicate the Win
partitions for looping with Mobius and use Mac OS X for everything
else. If you want to use Ableton Live or Bidule together with Mobius,
both these applications are exactly the same on both systems and the
license lets you use it both under OS X and Windows.

per