Re: Music Tech-Recording Forum

Chuck Silva wrote:
>> Thank you Per Boyson for your kind suggestion regarding off topic
>> discussions......
>
> Would it be appropriate to discuss recording software-technics- soft
> synths and the like on this forum?

you're free to discuss anything you want,
..but then any list member is free to ask you not too

seems to work :-)

> For example, I'm never really happy with the way my bass tracks  and
> drums lay in my recordings-compared to the pro recordings. I'm not a
> slouch and have pretty good ears and experience, yet it is still a
>mystery.
>
> I'm hoping this relates to this forum. loops are an intregal part of my
> (and most everyones I'd think) recordings.

well, there's certainly folk on this list who would gladly answer that
sort of question.

Putting OT (off topic) in the subject is a popular way to indicate that
the post
is not directly loop related.

> Is this forum for 'live loopers' only?

as far as I know it's intended for any loop based music.

> Any suggestions out there?

for the bass/drum question you asked
1) see other posts :-)
2) listen to just the kick drum and the bass together, keep messing around
till they work together and then bring in the rest of the drums. Get that
right, then bring in the other instruments.
3) Do you really want it to sound like a commercial recording? (i wouldn't
:-)