Re: Loop Survey - Summary - post scriptum to eben

Just to be clear - I'm the fool who did the 2005 data analysis :)  Don't blame that one on Ranier.

From my empirical experience (ie, I've been on both LD and HC for quite a while), I can fairly confidently assure you that the people at HC (in general, and those involved in looping) are much younger than the typical LD member.  This is borne out not only in the data, but in the ummmm... content of the conversation?... at HC.

I've also found that very few people at HC explore looping beyond either the static-single-loop paradigm, or the record-some-chords-and-solo-over-them paradigm.  When they get interested in more complex looping concepts, they end up over here.

I'm not knocking Harmony Central, btw.  Great bunch of enthusiastic guys.  Just helping to confirm the data with my perspective.

Doug