Re: little boxes (was survey)

Quoting info at zoekeating <info@zoekeating.com>:

> - using a software looper to control a hardware looper. the audio is
> recorded onto a hardware-looping device but all the controls are sent
> from the software looper.
>
> is that a hardware or software preference?
>
> i'd love to know if anyone else does this. both electrix and bill
> walker have told me i might be the only one but i don't believe that at
> all.
> i want my sub-group dammit!

My direction is to control external hardware via MIDI, and this would
include hardware loopers.

Ironically, in order to get myself and my equipment to the loopfest
(flying via airlines from Kansas City), I have had to resort to VST
plugin FX's -- alas, my equipment rack is too heavy for the airlines.
The lastest headline on Yahoo: "Airlines loose twice as may bags in
2007" isn't too reassuring.  I am designing my own suitcase/packing
scheme so that I can carry on my laptop and theremin.

-- Kevin