Re: Following Acoustic Musicians with Looper

>>How do you keep in sync and keep up with tempo properly <<

As a general rule, you don't. They do - if you're the one looping, it's incumbent on the other musicians to LISTEN to what you're doing and stick with it. Like a drummer - a drummer's job isn't to follow the tempo drifts of the singer, in all but the most arcane of musical settings. Everyone else follows the drummer (except the bassist - we tend to be able to pull drummers in line when they need it... ;o)  )

So, explain to the other musicians that your loops won't follow them, and that they have to listen to you as they would to a drummer. Then play things, at least at first til the get the subtlety of it, that are rhythmically really obvious. I've been able to get people who previously had no idea about looping to follow me pretty well, just by pointing out that they need to listen. :o)

cheers

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site
www.stevelawson.net/zencart/ - shop